Monday, September 01, 2008

Rain

I've always liked the rain. I find it to be deep. Kind of like the puddles it creates.

Rain has always seemed more real to me than the sun has. Rain is dark. It is loud, and with it comes lightning. Lightning can illuminate the whole sky. It can show you what is really there. And thunder...well, thunder can just be scary, or exciting. It depends on how you choose to take it. Rain seems more to me like real life. The sun brings happiness. It is bright and glowing and though it can make you sweat, it tends to cause smiles as well. While this is what we all wish for, it isn't what we always get from life.

But rain...rain gives you all of it. The good and the bad. Its drops can cleanse you and relieve you from whatever you are holding in; if only for a moment. You can stand in the rain and suddenly feel alright. Even if you aren't happy, the rain provides a sort of comfort. The comfort of knowing that life doesn't have to be sunny and bright for you to be okay. I think that is why I like it best.

No comments: