Monday, September 01, 2008

behind closed eyes, mouth, mind

plans are slipping out from under me

everyone can sit back , i wait

i worry

i fidget

i fuss

i am driven to the point of hysterics

but things work out

to the most they can be expected to, atleast

and i am in the wrong

chill

hang

let it be

i am incapable of these things

now

fast

on time

organized

these are the words i am familiar with

leave it to me

i'll make this work before you can question my intentions

and you'll be satisfied

after all, i am a people pleaser

smile

laugh

relax

you, my friends, you don't worry

i will

huff

vent

cry

fume

but only when you are out of sight

out of mind? no, not really

my mind is never empty, you see

it finds things to fill itself with

do i have control?

no, i gave up that power long ago

my mind has got me racing

pondering

sulking

wishing

maybe i won't have to lift a finger

maybe the overall effort will come from another heart

mind

body

soul

let mine just be at ease
maybe?

no

not now

not tomorrow

i don't think it'll ever be

so get up

dial the number

send the message

make the plan

it'll work

i've got it under control

wait, no control

i gave that up to the mind, remember?

no, i don't remember

i was too busy finding my friends

those people who care about...

my well being, maybe?

i wonder how often they

wonder

pray

wish

ask

guess

about me?



No comments: