Sunday, April 22, 2007

Can't you just laugh?

"Innapropriate behavior makes me laugh."
-Will Ferrell

In my opinion, this is the way to be. If you can laugh at stuff that is considered bad, you're life will most likely be more enjoyable and less painful. Take Will Ferrell for example eh?! I recently saw the highly anticipated movie Blades of Glory. Would I rate it as the number one movie in America? No. But I will admit that it was VERY funny. But I can tell you that to some people, Blades of Glory was probably too conterversial to even enjoy. If swearing is a big deal to you, don't see this movie. If a few penis references and a couple sex jokes greatly upset you, you really shouldn't see this movie. But if you are like me, and Will Ferrell, and innapropriate behavior makes you laugh, HARD, then you would probably enjoy this comedy.

Comedic films are just one example of how innapropriate behavior should not be taken seriously. The swearing and the dirty humor are all just there to make you laugh. To cause uproariuos laughter is their only purpose. They don't want to offend you or torture your mind, they are put in movies to make you laugh. And even if you do find this stuff offensive, you must admit, you can't resist chuckling at it.

Yes, most adults, teachers, OLD, boring people will tell you that swearing and vulgarity are not meant to be fooled around with. But it is SO funny! Admit it, swearing makes things funnier. I apologize to everybody out there who shutters at the meer thought of a curse word, but it makes me laugh! Yes, I do know where to draw the line. Too much vulgarity and horrible curse words even make me want to plug my ears, but a little bit doesn't bug me too much. I just know how to laugh. It may be wrong, it may be crude, it may be considered politically incorrect, but if you just laugh at it, and take it for the humor that it is mean to be, it won't offend you.

I guess my point is, if you do find swearing and some dirty comedic humor offensive, then keep it to yourself. Don't watch the movies that make you cringe. If you can't laugh at stuff which is meant to be laughed at, then just let the rest of us enjoy it and watch some Disney Classics. Unless those offend you too.

No comments: