Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blogging Poser

The last time I posted on this blog was 3 years ago as a junior in high school. I am now a sophomore in college, and after reading my little brother's blog, I caught the itch to tap my fingertips against the keyboard and make all my useless thoughts public.

I have a lot to say, and I think a lot of the things that take place in my life would make for great reading, but typing it all up is where I tend to struggle. I don't like to write unless it sounds as perfect on the screen as it does locked up in my head. I don't like to revise. I don't like 2nd and 3rd drafts, and I don't like my inability to constantly be profound.

I do like the thought of people reading what I have to say, though. I like writing what I know needs to be said, and I like not turning on my censor. Almost more than anything, I like the thought of being hunched over this laptop keyboard, keys clicking into place, while the blue glow of the screen illuminates the words behind my eyes as they fight to get out.

If nothing else, maybe this blog will do something for my image.

No comments: